The area around Nurses Cottage and Arundel is criss-crossed with a network of bridle-paths, byways and country lanes, which offer a wide range of on and off-road routes of varying difficulty from the relatively flat coastal plain to more challenging routes on the South Downs.
- Local lanes & bridleways
- We have our own favourite local routes and can point these out on maps during your stay
- South Downs Way
- Within easy reach [4.5 miles / 7 km] from Nurses Cottage
- Downs Link (Shoreham to Guildford)
- 37 miles / 60 km along the route of a former railway
Our bike-friendly facilities:
- Secure storage
- Bike washing equipment
- Pumps, repair kits, tools, etc.
- Local OS maps available to borrow during your stay
- Kit washing & drying (small additional charge)
- Lifts often available from/to Arundel train station, town, local pubs & restaurants
The following websites provide suggestions with route descriptions and maps: